If you’ve written a book, you’ll need a fresh pair of eyes to read it before publication. As a beta reader, I give feedback regarding plot, character development, pacing, entertainment value, and more!
Here’s what the process of hiring me as a beta reader looks like:
- Contact me regarding your work (manuscript, poem, polemic, children’s book, etc.).
- You can reach me through my Contact page.
- Suggested message to send: Hi, Danny Raye! I’m in need of a beta read for my 100k-word fiction novel. Are you available?
- In response, I’ll guarantee my availability and I’ll ask you three questions:
- How many pages is the document?
- When will you need it delivered by?
- Are there sex scenes?
- If I am the right fit for your needs, we will proceed by setting a delivery date and price based on word count.
- You send me the manuscript (.pdf, .doc, .odt)
- I beta read by embedding detailed notes throughout the manuscript. I also include an Overall Thoughts section where I provide constructive criticism, make suggestions for editors, and offer my perspective as a reader.
- Once the beta read is completed on or before schedule, I return the document to you in the format you delivered it to me.
- You review my notes and ask any questions you have for clarity or out of curiosity.
- Once satisfied with my work, we finalize the order.
- You leave a review so that other writers know they can trust me with their work.
- Keep me in mind for future projects!
* This whole process takes place on Fiverr. New to Fiverr? Let me know and I will gladly walk you through the site!